There are 2 publishing workflows integrated to the system:
- Publishing workflow for content created by C2E2 staff and
- Publishing workflow for content created by registered users
Figure 1: Representation of the editoial workflow of the C2E2's KMS.
Composition & Access Rights of the editorial team for the C2E2 KMS
The following user categories have been specified for the system along an onion layer model
- Administrator: 1 person from C2E2 plus 1 fallback person;
Access Rights: full access to all areas of the KMS with administration (all) rights
- Editorial Team: specified list of C2E2 Staff Members
Access Rights: access to all
- Review Team: specified list of C2E2 Staff Members
Access Rights: access to only some specified areas of the system to be able to review and publish team created as well as user generated content
- Registered Users: users that have registered on the KMS to use some features for registered users
Access Rights: ability to contribute/suggest new content as well as to make use of the user mechanisms; no access to any other parts of the backend system
- World / Website User: all users that visit the KMS (http://kms.energyefficiencycentre.org) without registration/login
Access rights: all public available information and data and functionality; no access to the backend and thereby to any backend functionality; no ability to write comments.
Figure 2: Representation of the Onion layer model.